- 1 pound U 15 shrimp
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large mango (medium dice)
- ½ medium red onion, small dice
- 2 cups of jicama, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons pineapple vinagre*
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4-6 Boston lettuce leaves
Clean and devein the shrimp, and slice in half, lengthwise. Set 6 cups of water in a medium saucepan with the bay leaves, peppercorns, lemon juice and salt. Simmer the courtbouillon for 15 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook at low simmer2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Arrange the diced mango, onion, and cilantro in a mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Add the shrimp, and dress with the vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings. Chill . Serve on the leaves of Boston lettuce. Serves 4-6.
Stuffing chicken thighs is my new favorite thing to do. You have the luxury of cooking the meat through, without running the danger of drying it out. I love the contrast of the sweetness of the boniato and plantain and the saltiness of the Serrano ( proscuitto makes a good substitute). The touch of citrus at the end is an unexpected pleasure.