2 pounds U41-50 shrimp
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Juice of 3 limes
- Juice of 2 orangesFOR THE XNI PEC:
- 1 large tomato, seeded, and cut into medium dice
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Spanish onion, cut into small dice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chile (see note)
- Juice of 1 lime.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Good quality corn chips, for serving
Makes 8-10 Servings
- Toss the shrimp together in a non-reactive bowl with the lemon, lime and orange juices.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of three hours or until the shrimp have turned opaque.
- While the shrimp is “curing”, make the Xni Pec:Toss the tomato, cilantro, olive oil, onion, chile, and lime juice in a bowl mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the shrimp are ready, drain them and discard the marinade.
- Toss with the Xni Pec. Divide among martini glasses and garnish each with a corn tortilla chip.
NOTE: Choose your chile depending on how much heat you can tolerate. I love heat, so I would go with a habanero chile seeds and all, about the hottest there is, for this. For a milder dish, choose serranos or jalapenos and remove the seeds before chopping.