- 2 limes, juiced and seeded
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, slivered lengthwise into ¼
- 2 Florida avocados (Alligator pears) sliced lengthwise into 8-10 pieces *
Make the dressing for the salad, whisking in the lime juice and olive oil, alternately, gradually, in a bowl. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the cilantro. Place the avocado and onion slices in a bowl, and dress with vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately. Serves 8-10
* Avocado must be sliced right before service to prevent discoloration.