- 3 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1/2-teaspoon baking powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped shrimp
- oil for frying
Toss the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and fresh herbs together and set aside. Whisk olive oil, ginger, and water together and stir into dry ingredients. Fold in the shrimp.
Heat oil until hot but not smoking, and add the shrimp mixture by the heaping tablespoon full, flattening the little cakes down with your spoon. Fry until golden, flip and fry the other side. Drain on paper towels before serving.