Best topping for your Tostones!
Makes about 1 cup
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fine sea or kosher salt
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped fine
- ¾ cup gently warmed olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1 each: lime, orange, and lemon
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, optional
Bang the garlic and salt to a paste using a mortar and pestle. Stir in the onions, then the remaining ingredients. Taste and add a little salt if you like. You can make the mojito in advance, up to about 3 days, and keep it in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature about an hour before serving.